- Chapter I: Name and statutory scheme
- Chapter II: Governing bodies and administration
- Chapter III: On partners: requirements and admission procedure and types
- Chapter IV: Founding assets and budgetary system
- Chapter V: On the modification of the statutes
- Chapter VI: On the dissolution of the associations and application of the net assets
- Chapter VII: Final dspositions
NAME AND STATUTORY SCHEME
- Article 1
These Statutes of the “Development Association WORLD RURAL FORUM”, have been modified in accordance with what is established in Law 7/2007, of 22nd June, of Associations of the Basque Country and Organic Law 1/2002, of 22nd March, to regulate the Right of Association, in accordance with what is established in articles 9 and 10.13 of the Statute of Autonomy of the Basque Country.
This Association shall be governed by the precepts of the aforementioned Law of Associations, by these Statutes, as long as they do not contradict the Law, by the agreements validly adopted by its governing bodies, as long as they are not contrary to the Law and/or the Statutes, and by the regulatory dispositions approved by the Basque Government, which shall only be in an supplementary nature.
The aims of this Association are:
- The multifunctional development of rural life in the context of global policies.
- The agreement and conciliation betweencompanies, groups, institutions and persons who share similar approaches regarding the support for rural life.
- The reflection and analysisof the effects of globalisation on rural life, its companies, its economy and its environment.
- The identificationof actions to make a globalisation process compatible with the viability of integrated rural systems: rural economy and activities, environment, culture and society.
- The formulation and proposal of integrated sustainable development policies in the rural environment.
- The communication and diffusion of ideas, experiences and methods related to the preservation of rural systems.
- The promotion of a work network with rural development movements from around the world with a capacity to act as an effective lobby to preserve cultural identities, and promote self-confidence in rural areas.
- The execution and promotion of development cooperation projects, and collaboration with those who run them.
- The promotion of the exchange of experiences and lines of work with transnational entities and the search for joint actions in international economic and rural development with these entities.
- Direct and indirect grants for the entities that carry out the aforementioned aims
In order to achieve these aims the following activities shall be carried out, after compliance with the legal requirements established:
- To coordinate the efforts of rural development movements in forums and local, national, state and supra-state organisations.
- To maintain an information and communication system among the associated members, by using for this purpose the traditional means of communication and new technologies.
- To organise forums, symposiums, conferences and regular meetings, as well creating work groups de to discuss the issues related to trade and rural development.
- To carry out studies on matters regarding the globalisation of trade and its effect on sustainable development.
- To research and analyse policies that affect Multifunctional Rural Development Programmes.
- To contribute in the publication of scientific magazines, research and awareness documents, books and other periodical publications.
- To participate and provide the necessary technical, economic and legal assistance for the development and execution of development cooperation projects
Without detriment to the activities described in the previous section, in order to meet its aims the Association shall be able to carry out the following:
- To develop economic activities of all kinds, aimed at achieving its aims or at providing resources with that objective.
- To purchase and own goods of all kinds and by any type of ownership, as well as hold events and contracts of all types.
- To exercise all kinds of actions in accordance with the Laws or its Statutes.
- Article 3.
The head office of this Association is located in Arkaute (Álava), Granja Modelo s/n.
The Association shall be able to have other premises within the scope of the Autonomous Community, when agreed by the General Assembly.
- Article 4.
The territorial scope in which it shall mainly carry out its functions is composed by the Autonomous Community of the Basque Country.
- DURATION AND DEMOCRATIC NATURE
- Article 5
The Association is constituted with a permanent nature, and shall only be dissolved by agreement of the Extraordinary General Assembly according to what is set out in Chapter 6 or by any of the causes established in the Laws. The internal organisation and the operation of the Association should be democratic, with full respect for pluralism. The pacts, statutory dispositions and agreements that fail to recognise the aspects of the fundamental right of association shall be automatically void.