THE ENVIRONMENT, NATURAL RESOURCES AND TERRITORY
The documents marked with have been Published by de World Rural Forum
- Women farmers and climate change adaptation.
- Four examples of women from three continents on the use of local knowledge in climate change adaptation.
- Report of National Water Conference in Pakistan.
- Main subject: Restoration of Rivers and Question of more Dams and Diversions on Indus.
- IFOAM. Organic Leadership Course.
- The International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements, IFOAM, organizes a course for people assuming present or future responsibilities in the organic world. Through the Organic Leadership Course, IFOAM provides a space for learning and experience, and for developing innovative estrategies and strong networks.
The course is targeted at the present and future leaders of the organic movement. During the course of one year, it will provide an intensive, on-the-job learning process that empowers them to actively assume greater responsibility in pushing the world towards increased sustainability.
- OXFAM: 'Time out on the global land rush'.
- Large land sales operations financed by institutions like the World Bank force people to abandon their homes, their jobs and their livelihoods. Here is the report that supports the campaign by Oxfam to stop land grabbing.
- 'Land, Territory and Dignity!'. Final declaration of Brazilian Rural Workers' Unitary Meeting.
- The Unitary Meeting of brazilian peasant organizations and indigenous movements took place in Brasilia from 20 to 23 August. The participants demanded the Brazilian government to listen to the proposals and demands for agrarian reform and other claims included in this document.
- Agriculture and Trade after the Peak Oil
- Peak oil – a peak in global oil production when a significant proportion of recoverable resources have been produced – will induce several changes in the way we produce and distribute agricultural commodities, especially food. How will the current excessive and wasteful dependence of agriculture on fossil fuels be affected once oil becomes expensive and supplies decline?
- The Role of Trade Shocks
- Providing training and leadership opportunities for organic smallholder
- Trade and Climate Change
- What do we know about climate change? What is the relationship between trade and climate change? How does trade affect greenhouse gas emissions and can more open trade help to address climate change? What is the range of national measures that can contribute to global mitigation efforts? These are just some of the questions discussed by this report by the World Trade Organization and the United Nations Environment Programme.
- CLIMATE CHANGE IS UPON US