The award by the Foundation for Rural Studies recognizes the "effort and tenacity" of WRF members to "mobilize society worldwide" around the IYFF-2014.
Authors between 22 and 35 years old may submit their essays to this contest driven by IPDRS.
Francis Ngang (Inades Formation): "We request African states real investments for Family Farming; they must say no to any initiative, confessed or not, to favour industrial agriculture".
The conference 'Family Farming to food waste' on 14 July discussed various proposals to avoid food waste; it is estimated that one third of the world's food production is lost before consumption.
In addition to farmers, distributors and chefs, the debate will be joined by Niki Charalampopoulou, member of the international movement against food waste Feeding the 5,000 and Danielle Nierenberg, founder of Food Tank.
Demands of worldwide Family Farming organisations during the International Year of Family Farming IYFF-2014, agreed in a meeting organized by the WRF.
A song of recognition for more than 2,000 millions of women and men family farmers, smallholders, artisanal fishers, pastoralists, landless peasants and indigenous communities in the world.
The IYFF-2014 official launching will take place at the United Nations headquarters, New York.
Reflection article on the International Day for the Erradication of Poverty. In southern countries, Poverty and Hunger are largely a result of the governments' continued neglect to agriculture in general, and especially to small farmers.
We need a Common Agricultural Policy to address global challenges; the involvement of States and Regions is requierd to ensure the sustainability of Family Farming.
- Pakistan approach of Integrated Rural Development Programme.
- 'One Earth, One Future'. IFOAM 2012 report.
- High Level Consultation on Hunger in Madrid: Sintesys report.
- How to achieve food self-sufficiency?
- FAO's Journal on Family Farming. January to March, 2013
- Women farmers and climate change adaptation.
- 'Impact of Cooperatives Locally'.
- Report of National Water Conference in Pakistan.
- Africa can feed itself.
- Policies to Respond to High Food Prices in Asia and the Pacific Region.
- Deep scientific approach on hunger and GMOs.
- African Countries and the EPAs: Do Agriculture Safeguards Afford Adequate Protection?